Python Developer - 3 roles
Boston, MA | Perm
A top Boston based client of FootBridge IT has a need for a perm developer with a strong Python background.
As part of the newly formed model development team, you will be building quantitative equity models using Python/Pandas/Numpy. Working closely with the investment and research teams, you will be responsible for understanding, coding, and communicating statistical methods and equity models.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing equity models in Python/Pandas/Numpy.
- Ensuring code is highly tested and accurate (unit tests, regression tests).
- Communicating clearly and effectively with research and investment staff.
- Contributing to the core technology platform with enhancements to the new system architecture.
Professional development experience of at least 3-5 years with one of the following:
- Java, C/C++, C#, Python.
- Experience with Python/Pandas/Numpy a huge plus.
- Knowledge of statistical software (SAS, Matlab, R) desirable.
- Experience with databases, SQL Server and MongoDB preferred.
- Expert critical thinking skills, able to solve problems quickly with multiple different approaches.
- Financial industry/modeling experience preferred, but not required.
- Comfortable working in collaborative environment.