Software developers - fresh grads - 3 yrs
Cambridge, MA | Perm
My client' s looking for a few young, smart and talented dev' s with CS degrees out of good CS programs - would look at fresh grads or candidates that have 2 years of experience with their first co and my client would be their second co in their career.
Dev' s can work on something that really matters - saving lives through prescription drugs needed for that person - their products help hospitals and bio-engineering clients have a better understanding of what needs to be used through analytics.
Dev' s have an opportunity to work on a small, nimble team with plenty of autonomy - but they also have a strong mentoring program for those that want this type of environment.
Learn a ton from others on the team - work with the latest technologies - Java and open source in a very cool and brand new office space.
Our Engineering Environment
- Knowledge of Java. Experience in one or more additional languages (Go, Scala, Groovy, Python, R, Ruby) strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and deploying distributed, REST based systems.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- System security (identity management, access control, auditing, penetration).
- Distributed computing and message queues.
- Workflow technology.
- SQL and various RDBMS (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySql).
- NoSQL architectures; specifically, Mongo and Redis.
- Data analytics, ontologies, and semantic web technologies (RDF, OWL, SKOS, etc.).
- Health informatics and associated platforms (e.g. i2b2).
- Ability to design solutions for long term maintainability.
- Great communication skills keeping management and your peers apprised of risks, issues, and overall status.
- You must be a self-starter, take initiative, and work independently but not in isolation.
- Healthcare experience is a significant plus.
- Experience developing applications for AWS is a plus.