1 Sullivan Rd. Springfield, MA 01040 | Exempt Contract
Systems Admin needed for a long term contract in western, MA.
Highly motivated, self-directed individual to fill a fulltime consultant position to assist the Windows and Unix Administration Teams. This individual will be providing high level problem solving and technical expertise on various Microsoft platforms and services, as well as hardware and system level fixes on Unix systems.
- Support Windows and Red Hat Unix Operating System configuration and management.
- Monitor, evaluate and enhance Server Infrastructure for optimal performance, security and availability.
- Perform builds, upgrades, repairs and retirements of physical and virtual servers and appliances, utilizing peer resources and established work instructions for both Windows and Unix Systems.
- Actively participate in documentation including diagrams of Internal Infrastructure, utilizing full functionality of Atlassian’ s Confluence product.
- Assist in the maintenance of defined patch levels for all applications, as well as provide timely compliance status reports.
- Conduct analysis and recommend solutions for complex and emerging issues.
- Where applicable, improve overall system and administrator efficiency via increasing or modifying existing automation, or provisioning new automated activities.
- Operate and maintain an enterprise anti-virus and malware system.
- Utilizing established work instructions, identify, triage and escalate issues with Zabbix system monitoring and NetBackup/TSM reports.
- Coordinate downtime and outages to applicable systems with application and business areas.
Required Skills and Background:
- Five (5) or more years of IT work experience of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008/2008R2/2012R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, 6, 7.
- Windows, Active Directory and Exchange PowerShell Scripting.
- Experience with Active Directory 2012/2016 in an enterprise environment, including backup and restore procedures, as well as support for multiple forests and domains.
- Experience with planning, coordinating and execution of IT Initiatives.
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Administration using PowerShell for Quest and VMware.
- Experience with Veritas Enterprise Vault.
- Experience with SQL Server 2016 Enterprise Always On Groups.
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert Certification (Server Infrastructure) or Microsoft Certified Solution Associate Certification (Microsoft Windows 2012 or higher).
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert – Messaging.
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Certification.
- Active Directory, 2003, 2008, 2008R2 2012 & 2012R2 Enterprise Administration.
- Certification like MCSA/MCSE/MCTS/MCITP in Exchange 2010 (or higher).